Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A New Obsession

My boy has a new passion in life. He loves taking pictures. A while back when we were at Wal-mart, he insisted that he needed a kid camera. So, Todd took him to look at the cameras while I was waiting to check out, and I made a mental note that that will make a great birthday present a few months down the road. A few days later, he started grabbing for our point and shoot, so I let him take a couple of pictures with it and put up out of reach. Then, he started eyeing my DSLR, uh, no.
It is time to rememdy the situation. After searching to the bottom of a rather large tub, I found our old point and shoot, put in an old CF card, and handed it over to Austin with the understanding that he "be careful."



After about 30 seconds, he demanded that I fix the camera. Okay, not only was it an old CF card, but it was also a small CF card. I had to change the settings to small, small photos and not very sharp and pretty photos. That's okay, he now has over 300 pictures that he can take instead of 32. First hurdle conquered.



The next one came when the camera wouldn't take any pictures at all. Hmmm. The battery needed charging. After the battery is all charged up, it only lasts for 3 or 4 hours of constant shooting, but at least he is having fun. :)



He has some photograpy skills. Check out his composition. :)

No comments: