Thursday, June 26, 2008

Creating photo opportunities



If you have young kids, here is a way to get some great shots of them. Sometimes my preschoolers are just too fast for me. So, I'll sit them down with something fun and special - painting, coloring, or a new toy. Just something that will keep their attention and then snap fast.

After Emma got back from the hospital last week, she got some fun presents. Hayley and Kirsten (and Katie) colored some get well pictures for her, and Tyler and Ethan (and Andrea) made her some cards and got her "eggs" that turned into dinosaurs (Thanks!) - perfect for a quick photo shoot.







I set the kids up facing the windows, no direct sunlight, just a soft light from the open windows. Then, I opened up my apperature to f/1.6 and started shooting. It was great fun to get their fun expressions. They were so interested in the dinosaurs. They were cool.



Give it a try with your kids! Good luck and let me know how it goes.

No comments: